ACA Aponix is the proud recipient of a number of awards that recognize our unique approach, and quality of our content, delivery, and platform. These awards include "Best Cybersecurity Platform/Tool" (Waters Buy-Side Technology Awards 2015), "Best US Cybersecurity Provider" (Hedgeweek Awards 2015), "Best Co-Sourcing Provider" (HFM Service Awards 2015), and "Best New Technology Provider" (HFM Technology Awards 2015).
Position Objective: The individual in this position is responsible for assisting with the build out of ACA Risk Strategies web application(s). The individual in this position is also responsible for working closely with clients and team members to develop dynamic solutions.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, design, and responsiveness of the application(s)
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Effectively communicate with non-technical staff
• Translate problems and needs into software solutions
• Communicate software functionality and features in non-technical terms to staff
• Ability to independently manage tasks and projects •
• Perform ad-hoc work/special projects as necessary to support ACA on various client and internal initiatives
Summary of Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; computer science, information systems, math, physics, electrical engineering or related field preferred
• Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
• Solid understanding of OOP and Computer Science fundamentals
• Familiar with various development methodologies, such as Agile Development
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Skill for in writing reusable Java libraries
• Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful and integration of webservices, in particular RESTful and SOAP services
• Familiarity with various Java-related technologies, including Maven, JAX-WS, JSPs/Servlets, Tomcat
• Familiarity with cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services
• Ability to write clean, readable Java code
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Familiarity with continuous integration
• Demonstrated professional integrity
• Dependable, flexible, and adaptable to new ACA initiatives and changing client needs
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, small-team environment • Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize effectively
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
• Highly motivated and goal oriented; proactive in one’s own education and career progression; volunteers for and shows initiative on both internal and external projects and tasks
• Dedicated to upholding ACA’s high quality standards and customer service focus
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat, and the Internet
• Willing to undertake minimal travel
• Available for client work and/or travel Monday through Friday on a general basis, including occasional nights and weekends
Compensation, which will be competitive and commensurate with experience , will include a base salary plus discretionary bonus , and may include a discretionary bonus. ACA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Interested candidates should direct their resume to:
ACA is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against current or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristics prohibited by law.
If you would like to apply for a position listed on our website, please click here to submit your resume.
Sign up today for ACA newsletters, alerts, and event notifications.
Click here to subscribe.