ACA Technology Solutions., a division of ACA Compliance Group, is a technology innovation company that provides mission-critical financial software and services that today’s leading investment managers use to run their business. Our products include Order Management, Portfolio Management, Data Warehouse, Security Master, Pricing Master, Allocations, Compliance, and Regulatory Reporting. We also offer a full suite of Professional Consulting Services. With over 900 combined investment management clients and over 20 global locations, ACA is a premier place to take the next step in your Financial Technology career.
ACA Technology is building out a suite of cloud, multi-tenant SaaS based products hosted on Amazon AWS. This is brand new greenfield development and an important strategic initiative for the firm. The platform is built on the Microsoft Asp.Net MVC stack and heavily utilizing a myriad of AWS services.
We are currently working for an Application Support Engineer to join this team as the product moves into client beta testing The ASE will come from a software/application development background. A developer at their core, they will understand the infrastructure required to maintain and support what has been built. S/he will support ACA’s proprietary operational platform for our FS clients. The selected candidate will have or gain demonstrated knowledge of key business processes, systems and the Company’s services. Preference will be given to candidates possessing financial services experience, but is not a requirement for consideration.
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to:
• Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to the proprietary platform and individual components.
• Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration, defect, misuse.)
• Liaise with other developers and product owners on corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
• Deployment of upgrades / fixes, code enhancements, and optimization
• Responding to direct and indirect inquiries based on existing and emerging SLAs
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of the applications
• Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
• Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls, emails and indirect inquiries in a timely fashion.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools.
• .Net full stack web application development experience with ability to read, understand, and modify code (code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation and resolution.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts.
• Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
• General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Technical Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Approximately 3-5 years of professional experience
• Familiarity/Minimum knowledge with Database (MS SQL) Development Skills
• Familiarity with Git/Bitbucket, Team City, and Atlassian tools a plus
• Familiarity with AWS services like S3, Amazon Glacier, Amazon Search, and Amazon RDS a plus
• Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments
Interested candidates should direct their resume to our ACA ADP Workforce Now Career Page
ACA is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against current or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristics prohibited by law.