We are currently looking for an Application Support Engineer. The ASE will come from a software/application development background. A developer at their core, they will understand the infrastructure required to maintain and support what has been built. S/he will support ACA’s proprietary operational platform for our FS clients. The selected candidate will have or gain demonstrated knowledge of key business processes, systems and the Company’s services.
• Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to the proprietary platform and individual components.
• Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration, defect, misuse.)
• Liaise with other developers and product owners on corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
• Responding to direct and indirect inquiries from internal and external clients based on existing and emerging SLAs
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of the applications
• Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
• Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls, emails and indirect inquiries in a timely fashion.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Ability to read, understand, and modify code (code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation and resolution.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Ability to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Ability to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
• Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
• General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
Desired Technical Experience & Qualifications:
• Java and related ecosystem
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Approximately 3-5 years of professional experience
• Familiarity with Continued Integration (TeamCity, SVN, Git)
• Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments
• Optional: ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management, Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis
• Optional: MongoDB, AWS, Linux
Interested candidates should direct their resume to our ACA ADP Workforce Now Careers Page.
ACA is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against current or prospective employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, citizenship, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristics prohibited by law.