ACA has served as a consultant in some of the largest investment manager mergers and acquisitions in the world. We have dealt with friendly departures, unfriendly departures, recordkeeping issues, gaps in track records between firms, composite survivor analysis, supplemental information options, and numerous other related issues. The concept of portability and how to present historical performance from another firm is widely known, but do firms really understand performance issues and related decisions around mergers and acquisitions as well as what happens operationally once two firms agree to merge? What if one or both of those firms are GIPS compliant?
Please join Karen Foley, Partner at ACA Performance Services, and Todd Healy, Executive Director at UBS Asset Management on April 25 for a discussion on mergers and acquisitions and what operational and performance challenges firms may face. This webcast will focus on numerous considerations, such as:
- How to define the new firm and when it becomes effective;
- How to construct and name composites;
- How to identify surviving composites;
- How to merge policy manuals and different methodologies;
- How to identify surviving performance software and uniformly calculate performance;
- How to standardize and monitor branding, marketing material, and the distribution of performance; and
- What additional requirements must GIPS-compliant firms meet?
Who should attend?
This webcast is intended for all firms, regardless of whether they are GIPS compliant or not, and specifically for individuals with oversight of compliance and/or investment performance and distribution (CCOs and COOs, for example).
Throughout the webcast, the panelists will answer questions and respond to comments from attendees. To register, click here.