ACA Aponix Recommendations
ACA Aponix recommends taking the following precautionary measures to prevent ransomware threats:
- To the extent possible, block inbound .js attachments. ACA Aponix can assist in testing that .js attachments, among many other potentially dangerous attachment types, are blocked by running our email filter test.
- Ensure anti-virus software is up-to-date, though most anti-virus software is not capable of detecting quickly changing Locky variants.
- Implement a data back-up and recovery plan to maintain copies of sensitive or proprietary data in a separate and secure location, ideally offline and/or WORM-compliant. Backup copies of sensitive data should not be readily accessible from local networks.
- Check links contained in e-mails by hovering over them before clicking, and do not open attachments included in unsolicited e-mails.
- Only download software–especially free software–from sites you know and trust.
- Enable automated patch installations for your operating system and Web browser.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org