ACA Performance Services and BNY Mellon’s Global Risk Solutions have teamed up to release the white paper, Practical Guidance: the GIPS® Standards for Asset Owners. Public and private pension funds, endowments, foundations, family offices, sovereign wealth funds, and other types of asset owners are adopting the GIPS standards with increasing frequency for the following reasons:
- the desire to hold themselves to the same standards as their external managers;
- the need to provide full and transparent performance information and related disclosures in line with industry best practices to the public and oversight board; and
- an improved compliance framework inclusive of standardized policies and procedures related to performance.
The paper provides guidance to help asset owners understand performance measurement calculation and presentation requirements and assist those that are coming into compliance with the GIPS standards; furthermore, the paper includes:
- key areas of focus for asset owners when seeking to become GIPS compliant;
- requirements that are different for asset owners as compared to investment managers;
- interpretation of the recently revised exposure draft of the Guidance Statement on the Application of the GIPS® Standards to Asset Owners released by CFA Institute;
- a guide for an asset owner to become GIPS compliant; and
- answers to frequently asked questions.
Download - Practical Guidance: the GIPS® Standards for Asset Owners
Attend the complimentary webcast
Please join us on Wednesday, September 14, 2016, for a complimentary webcast hosted by co-authors Hope Celani, Lead Consultant with Global Risk Solutions at BNY Mellon, and Alicia Hyde, Partner at ACA Performance Services, who will discuss highlights from the whitepaper.
Throughout the webcast, the panelists will answer questions and respond to comments from attendees. To register, please click here.