Behind the increased demand for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) investing is a heightened regulatory focus and a greater need for transparency and standardization. The ESG landscape is evolving at a rapid pace and requires additional resources to meet investor and regulatory expectations.
Our dedicated advisory practice helps firms of all sizes develop and monitor ESG programs to mitigate risk, make informed choices, grow profitably and sustainably, and combat greenwashing in the process.
We provide global compliance and sustainability expertise to review and develop ESG programs based on best practices, current regulatory requirements, and robust oversight processes. Our support covers the following areas:
- Policies & Procedures Development
- Carbon Footprinting
- Net-Zero Management
- DEI Baselining and Training
- Portfolio Performance Assessment
- Reporting (UN PRI, TCFD, SFDR)
- Marketing and Disclosures Review
- Portfolio ESG Risk Monitoring – Private and Public Investors
- Annual Portfolio Carbon Footprinting
- Annual Portfolio Climate Risk Analysis
- Portfolio Testing
- Disclosure Verification
- Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI) – Report Readiness and Assurance
- Annual ESG Compliance Review
What is ESG?
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) is a lens that can be applied to any form of investing to consider non-financial factors that are not traditionally reported to assess an investment’s overall worthiness.
In recent years, firms increasingly add ESG metrics to their investment processes to provide for more complete analyses and support better investment decision-making. Discussion of ESG activities is also being added to annual reports and, in some cases, being built into standalone ESG reports.
Covers themes that impact the Earth, both positively and negatively. Includes climate change, natural resources scarcity, pollution and waste, permitting, and environmental opportunities.
Encompasses items relating to the firm’s leadership and board as well as the firm's implementation of ESG policies. Includes board composition, diversity of the board, ethical business practices, lobbying, political contributions, account and tax transparency, and relationships with the SEC and other regulatory bodies.
The growing importance of ESG
2021 was another year of record growth for sustainable investments:
Global sustainable inflows were up
between the 3rd and 4th fourth quarter of 2021.
Assets in sustainable funds climbed 9% to
by December 2021.
The number of global sustainable funds launched in 4Q 2021 was
an 33% increase from 4Q 2019.
Why work with us?
- Unmatched Expertise: Benefit from a trusted and experienced partner with in-depth knowledge of the market and regulations
- Comprehensive ESG Solution: Support across the spectrum of ESG program maturity in one comprehensive offering
- Stay Ahead of the Shifting Landscape: Balance demands from investors, regulators, and stakeholders while keeping up with constant changes in the ESG space
- Fee Transparency: Predictable fee model helps avoid scope creep – more fee transparency where others may have a daisy-chain of SOWs
What ESG advisory offers
- Program management
- Portfolio company implementation and oversight
- Transaction due diligence
- Enterprise-level ESG
Supporting our growing clients
In 2021, ACA’s ESG practice supported 83 unique client companies, across nearly 200 unique ESG projects. Our client base includes:
- Private Markets
- Diversified Financials
- Hedge Fund
Since ACA launched its ESG Advisory Practice, the team has grown to include subject matter experts in the ESG space, with years of industry and regulatory experience and key professional certifications.
Dedicated ESG Advisory and Client Support Staff
Years of ESG Experience at the Senior Level
All part of a
ACA Global Team